- > DBJ Special Report: Marijuana in Colorado
- Caitlin Hendee
- Digital Producer / Social Engagement Manager- Denver Business Journal
A first-ever Colorado cannabis summit focusing on setting industry standards and addressing challenges businesses face in the retail-marijuana industry will be held at Denver’s Exdo Event Center on Thursday, May 22.
The business-to-business Colorado Cannabis Summit will address training, human resources, safety, security, marketing, taxes and regulation.
“There’s no blueprint to follow in terms of best practices,” said summit CEO Stan Wagner. “We’re creating them on the fly, and that the whole purpose of bringing people together — to create those.”
Wagner — who is also the founder of Denver-based Red Thread Creative Group, a consulting firm working with many cannabis businesses — said the summit is meant to bring together businesses, entrepreneurs, universities and scientists.
“Colorado has the unique opportunity to become the Silicon Valley of marijuana retail sales,” Wagner said. “We’re going to be the centerpoint of innovation and collaboration.”
The summit will consist of speaking events and breakout panel sessions, featuring industry experts:
- Heather Despres, Lab Director, CannLabs
- Jill Brzezicki, Lab Director, CMT Laboratories
- John MacKay, Waters Incorporated
- Shellene Suemori, Head of Science, Dixie Botanicals
- Brooke Gehring, Patients Choice of Colorado
- Andrew Freedman, Director of Marijuana Coordination for the State of Colorado
- Tom Bollich, co-founder, Surna (Nasdaq: SRNA)
- Joe Powers, AIA, President, Powers Brown Architecture
- Rick Bennett, Blue Line Protection Group
- Nolan Kane, Assistant Professor, University of Colorado
Event registration is $199 (through May 4), $299 (through May 15) and $349 at the door. Find out more about the summit, or register, by clicking here.
Caitlin Hendee is digital producer and social engagement manager for the Denver Business Journal. Email: [email protected] Phone: 303-803-9226.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.