Pot dispensary staff who camped out 27 days for 4/20 permit lost it to a guy named 'Smokey' – 9NEWS.com

NEXT WITH KYLE CLARK – Heartbreaking and jaw dropping. 

Bobby Reginelli fell to the ground is despair on Tuesday morning, when he realized he wasn’t the first in line to get a permit for Denver’s 420 rally. Application No. 1 was snatched up by a guy named ‘Smokey.’

Reginelli, along with 40 staff members of the Euflora marijuana dispensary had been camping out at the city’s office building for 27 days trying to get that permit. 

“We are freezing and getting through the night,” Reginelli said.

RELATED | Publicity stunt as pot company hopes to grab 4/20 rally permit

The dispensary’s near month of hard work vanished in a matter of seconds. 

“We were probably beaten by two steps,” Reginelli said. 

So what exactly happened? According to Reginelli, they were directed to stand outside of the wrong door at the Wellington Webb building.

Michael Ortiz, also known as ‘Smokey,’ was able to get inside before the Euflora team. 

“They open that door at 7 a.m., our door at 7:02 a.m.,” Reginelli said.  

At the end of the day, Reginelli said they were beat. 

“I don’t want to be a sore loser,” he said. “I respect the h*** out of the person who out-hustled us.” 

The city said they will look into what happened with the door situation. 

In the mean time, Smokey now has a big to-do list by the end of the year, including a trash plan and security setup. Tuesday’s process only guaranteed a temporary permit. If all requirements are met, the city will give out the official permit a few weeks before the event.

PREVIOUS:

Civic Center Park up for grabs on 4/20 after rally organizers lose appeal

3-year ban for Denver’s 4/20 rally after trash incident

Organizers

Read More Here...